CARE Program Services

CARE Book Service Award:
May only  be awarded to students that are sanctioned by the CalWORKs County. This will be determined by your CARE documentation filled out by the county social worker.

Educational Survival Kit:
CARE students are provided the basic school supplies needed to for a successful student.

Child Care/Campus/Community Referrals:
Information and referrals for CARE students in need of child care, food, housing and other campus and community resources may be provided by CARE Specialist or Counselor.

Academic Counseling/Counseling 101:
The CARE program has an academic counselor, Susan Vincent, that works closely with our CARE students to help meet academic goals. Also, all CARE students are encouraged to enroll in Counseling 101 with Susan Vincent during their first semester in the program.

CARE Semester Grant:
These semester grants are awarded to CARE students based on GPA and units completed at the end of the term. If you have questions regarding the CARE semester grant please contact
Lizzete Garcia.

Assistance with Transportation:
CalWORKs student that are sanctioned by the county are eligible to recieve this service. However, the student must decide at the beginning of the term between:
1. Monthly OCTA Bus Passes
2. Semester Parking Permit & Monthly Gas Card

Meal Cards:
All CARE students must complete required visits before they can begin to receive Meal Card for the Campus Dining.

Fall 2014 Gas & Meal Card Days

September 10, 2014
September 17, 2014
October 1, 2014
October 15, 2014
October 29, 2014
November 5, 2014
November 19, 2014
December 3, 2014
December 17, 2014